I love sticky notes.
Big sticky notes. Small sticky notes.
Pink sticky notes. Blue sticky notes.
Sticky notes with pictures.
And picture shaped sticky notes.
Indeed the office is a perfect avenue to explore my new addiction, one which i have recently been made aware of. Truthfully I should have seen it coming as my fascination with paper products really started at a young age. Ever since I can remember I have written in a diary or a journal of some kind. A sacred place to unleash my heartfelt dreams and keep track of which boy was "the love of my life" for that week.
That gave way to the seemingly harmless excitement of school supply shopping every fall and the quest to find the coolest duo tang which would be filled with crisp white paper and seamless margins just begging to be written on.
Scribblers graduated to loose leaf,
Excitement lead to desire,
And before I knew it I had a full fledged addiction on my hands.
Notebooks are my latest fix and if Notebooks anonymous existed, I'd be leading it.
It's not so much that I love notebooks of every kind, big, small, lines, blank, hard cover or leather bound. It's that when I walk into a store, I HAVE to buy one.
Even if I don't need it.
I WANT IT!
I don't use them right away. Some I carefully store and hold out for the prime event in which that style will surely match. Others I carry with me everywhere I go.
In my purse alone I have a weekly day timer, a daily day timer, a "to do" book, a budget book, a journal for ideas, and a not pad (for random notes).
"You must be so organized!" you say.
No......No I'm not.
So now as I lean back in my chair and stretch my legs out under the desk, I enjoy the colorful collage of sticky notes I have created before me.
I feel I am justified in my new found addiction.
I don't smoke, don't do drugs and am not a big drinker.
I even limit myself to one cup of coffee a day......surely i can afford myself a paper passion.
Now I have come to my last 7 sticky notes of the day and I have decided to put the best message I can think of on them........
"Hey Boss we're all out of sticky notes!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Erika--I'm with you on this one! Nothing like a good book of blank paper! I too have loved paper and pens most of my life! Of course we have to save some for the perfect occasion! You should see my paper cupboard! lol
ReplyDeletebh